washington state benefits & information

Reduced Fishing & Hunting Licenses


 -Resident veterans with honorable discharge with at least 30% service connected disability as verified by VA letter
-Resident veterans with honorable discharge who are 65 years of age or older with a service connected disability as verified by the VA
If your disability meets WDFW guidelines you may be eligible to have a designated companion assist in hunting or fishing.



SO many more benefits than most of us know. Search the state's website here:


Reduced Park Passes


Disabled Veteran Lifetime Pass - No Charge

Free camping/moorage, campsite reservations through State Parks central reservations system, watercraft launching, trailer dump. Valid year-round. 

Offered to Washington state residents with a documented service-connected disability of at least 30 percent.

Q: Do veterans holding a Disabled Veteran Lifetime Pass have to purchase a Discover Pass to use State Parks?  - NO 

Other state recreational lands?  -  YES 

If Veterans want to use lands managed by the Department of Natural Resources or Department of Fish and Wildlife, they must purchase a Discover Pass.

Federal Parks Info

Reduced Transportation Fees


ORCA Card Info

WA State Ferries:  Disabled passengers may travel at half the regular passenger fare if proper proof of disability is presented.  Car placards or license plates are not sufficient. In the case of a disabled driver, only the passenger portion of the fare is reduced, not the vehicle portion. If you require attendant care and have proof from physician certification, they can get an endorsement on their Regional Reduced Fare Permit or Ferry System Disability Card allowing the attendant to travel for free as a passenger.  Contact 206-553-3060 for Regional Reduced Fare Permit information or 1‑888‑808‑7977 for WSF Disability Permit information. 

Reduced Transportation Fees



Help with Home Purchase


iF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY, apply for a VA Home Loan COE (Certificate of Eligibility) 

Veterans Downpayment Assistance Loan Program


Other Housing Resources

License Plates, Permanent


FREE Disabled Veterans Plates 

Must be a WA state vehicle owner and served in the armed forces and have a 100% service-connected disability rating from the VA or the military service that discharged you.